Terms and Conditions
Please note that:
These terms and conditions apply to all purchases made by you, the customer, from us, Melbro Brands.
We are the exclusive Southern African importers and distributors of the NUTRiBULLET and we warrant the calibre of our services and of products that we actually sell. Such warranties DO NOT extend however to NutriBullet products that are purchased from any third party reseller or retailer. If you purchase a NUTRiBULLET from such a third party it is that third party’s terms and conditions of trade that will determine your rights, risks and obligations.
The terms and conditions set out here are in addition to those provided for in the Consumer Protection Act, no. 68 of 1968.
Should you have any complaints, or suggestions (or praise!) please communicate with us through one of the following media.
Post: Melbro Brands, PO Box 36, Epping Industria, 7475
Phone: 0861 777 997
Fax: (021) 505 5600
1. It is not possible for us, by the nature of our situation as importers, to warrant that we will at all times be in stock of the product/s offered for sale on this website. We will endeavor to maintain adequate stocks, in line with anticipated demand, but we have no way of knowing in advance how many units we will actually sell, or require.
2. That said, what we can and do warrant is that if we are unable to honor your order at once, we will (a) notify you of this fact promptly and (b) take immediate steps to resolve the stock shortage. In such event it will naturally be open to you to cancel the agreement of sale, though you may choose to bide your time until stocks arrive. In such latter event your order will be given top priority in our warehouse system.
3. We will not be liable for any loss that you may suffer (whether patrimonial or otherwise) on account of delayed delivery, or non delivery.
4. By completing the online ordering process you are effectively making an OFFER TO PURCHASE, subject to the terms and conditions here set out. Please note that an actual binding contract between you and Melbro Brands is only created when Melbro Brands ACCEPTS your offer by means of the issuance of an official order confirmation.
5. Should you be dissatisfied with the NUTRiBULLET you have the right to cancel the contract and return the product to us for credit, provided that:
5.1 such right will lapse 30 days after the product is delivered to you;
5.2 such right will lapse if the product is damaged by you in any way;
5.3 in such event, and unless the product is defective upon reciept, the costs involved in the return will be for your account.
6. We will endeavor to deliver the ordered product to your designated address within 2-5 days of confirmation of your order. If delivery is delayed we will advise you accordingly.
7. The risk of damage to the goods will pass to you on delivery.
8. Provided the stipulated delivery address is within the borders of South Africa, orders over R500 will be delivered free of charge.
9. Melbro Brands warrants that:
9.1 The NUTRiBULLET conforms to the product description in the official promotional material and is free from latent defects;
9.2 If the product malfunctions, other than as a result of misuse or neglect, at any time within 12 months of purchase, we will either repair it or replace it, without charge.
10. Please note that this warranty is in addition to any statutory warranties such as may be applicable. We are not here trying to limit your legitimate rights as a purchaser.
11. We only supply products for domestic and private use. We will, accordingly, bear no liability if you use the product for commercial or industrial purposes and suffer any form of damages as a result (for example, through business interruption caused by product breakdown).
12. We urge you to use the product with proper care and with due regard for fact that it is an electrical device and therefore represents a significant danger if used improperly or carelessly.
13. These terms and conditions shall be interpreted according to the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
14. We, Melbro Brands, have the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time and in our unqualified discretion. Such amendment/s will take effect from the date on which they are published on the website.
1.1 This policy document (“Policy”) serves to regulate the internal complaints handling process of Melbro Holdings Proprietary Limited and/or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates (“Melbro Group”) in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (“CPA”) as well as the Code of Conduct for the Consumer Goods and Services Industry published in accordance with section 82 of the CPA (“Code”).
1.2 The provisions of this Policy shall apply to any complaints made by a consumer of the Melbro Group (“Complainant”) pertaining to the goods sold and/or services rendered by any member of the Melbro Group to such consumer or alternatively, the complaints- handling process pursued by the consumer as contemplated herein.
1.3 Any words and expressions appearing herein in title case (and which have not been defined herein) shall bear the meaning ascribed thereto in the CPA and the Code.
2.1 INTERNAL COMPLAINTS HANDLING PROCEDURE
Lodging of a Complaint
In order to lodge a complaint, a Complainant is required to contact the customer contact centre on 0861 777 997. The Complainant shall be required to provide the following information, namely –
2.1.1 the his/her/its name, surname and contact details;
2.1.2 a complete description of the complaint;
2.1.3 the business unit, division, branch and/or brand that the complaint is against;
2.1.4 the date on which the cause for the complaint arose;
2.1.5 the remedy sought;
2.1.6 all supporting documentation relating to the complaint; and
2.1.7 the preferred method of communication i.e. fax, email or post.
2.2 Receiving and Handling a Complaint
2.2.1 Upon the complaint being reported by the Complainant, it shall be recorded together with any supporting information and allocated a reference number. The record shall in addition identify the remedy sought by the Complainant as well as any other important information such as the due date of the response and whether there was any immediate action taken by the Melbro Group and/or any of its representatives or employees.
2.2.2 The complaint shall be provisionally assessed in terms of criteria such as seriousness, safety implications, complexity and the need to take immediate action.
2.2.3 Complaints will be acknowledged in writing within 2 (two) business days of receipt thereof, in accordance with the preferred method of communication chosen by the Complainant in paragraph 2.1.7 above.
2.2.4 Where necessary, the Complainant shall be contacted to clarify any issues pertaining to the details provided by them or to request further information.2
2.2.5 The Melbro Group has a period of 15 (fifteen) business days to resolve the complaint. If it becomes clear that the complaint will not be resolved within this period, the Complainant shall be informed thereof in writing by Melbro Group and the Complainant will attempt to reach an agreement on an extended time period within which to resolve the complaint.
2.2.6 Notwithstanding the aforesaid, every effort shall be made to resolve the Complaint in good faith and in an efficient and confidential manner within the time period contemplated in paragraph 2.2.5 above.
2.2.7 The complaint shall be tracked by the Melbro Group from the date of receipt of the initial complaint and the Complainant shall be kept updated on the progress of such complaint.
2.2.8 An investigation shall be undertaken into the surrounding circumstances and information relating to the complaint.
2.2.9 Once the investigation is completed, a response to the complaint shall be formulated (including details of the decision or action to be taken by the Melbro Group) and sent to the Complainant.
2.2.10 If the decision or action is accepted by the Complainant, the decision or action shall be carried out and recorded.
2.2.11 If the Complainant rejects the decision or action, this rejection shall be recorded and the Complainant has the right to approach the Consumer Goods and Services Ombudsman (“CGSO”) to resolve the complaint.
3 THE CGSO
3.1 Where a Complainant is dissatisfied with the manner in which a complaint is being dealt with, how a complaint was dealt with, the outcome of a complaint, or if a matter is not resolved within 15 (fifteen) business days or such extended period as may have been agreed upon between the Melbro Group and the Complainant, such Complainant may refer the complaint to the CGSO in the prescribed manner.
3.2 The contact details of the CGSO are as follows –
|Consumer Goods and Services Ombud|
|Call Centre:||0860 000 272 (CPA)|
|Fax:||086 206 1999|
|Physical address:||Association House Bond Street Business Park Cnr Bond Street and Kent Avenue Ferndale Randburg|
|Postal Address:||PO BOX 168 Randburg 2125|
3.3 A copy of the CPA Code is available to all consumers on any of the Melbro Group’s various websites, including www.nutribullet.co.za.